“I always have a quotation for everything – it saves original thinking.”
-Dorothy L. Sayers
It’s undeniable that dreaming has its place in our lives. But when dreaming is continual and living is put on hold, well, Houston we have a problem.
Through the years, I’ve compiled quotes that helped me jump into action on any given day.
Here are 21 of my favorite to help spark action in your life.
1. “Do you want to know who you are? Don’t ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.”
2. “When defeat comes, accept it as a signal that your plans are not sound, rebuild those plans, and set sail once more toward your coveted goal.”
3. “It is not a daily increase, but a daily decrease. Hack away at the inessentials.”
4. “Control Your Own Destiny or Someone Else Will”
5. “Motivation is the fuel, necessary to keep the human engine running.”
6. “Never allow the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game!”
7. “What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”
Henry S. Haskins
8. “All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.”
9. “If you cannot do great things, do small things in a great way.”
10. “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.”
11. “An obstacle is often a stepping stone.”
12. “Either you run the day, or the day runs you.”
13. “Things work out best for those who make the best of how things work out.”
14. “Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.”
15. “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.”
16. “The whole secret of a successful life is to find out what is one’s destiny to do, and then do it.”
17. “What seems to us as bitter trials are often blessings in disguise.”
18. “If you can’t explain it simply, you don’t understand it well enough.”
19. “Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.”
20. “I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.”
21. “Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear – not absence of fear.”
Alright, you have the wisdom from the crowd. No go out there and be phenomenal!